The Edged Weapons Overview course is a 16 hour focused overview of knife application methods that will give the student a fundamental and broad understanding of edged weapons. Like all ShivWorks courses EWO is contextually underscored and emphasizes conceptual framework applied through the minimalist, functional toolbox. All software is presented from the “reductionist’s” point of view to maximize retention and maintenance efficiency.
- The Criminal Assault Paradigm
- Managing Unknown Contacts
- Default Position and basic blows
- Tool Survey
- Robust Folder Deployment
- Theory of In-Fight Weapons Access
- In-Extremis application
- Mobility and Zoning Issues of equal initiative encounters
- Plyometric Fighting Platform
- Point Theory, forward and reverse grip
- Conventional Edge introduction
- Refining the narrow angle
- Reverse Edge introduction
- The Functional Support Hand
- Specialty and Improvised Edged tools (push daggers, icepicks, screwdrivers, etc.). This module is largely based on what students bring to the class and wish to see addressed.